Monday, August 10, 2015

BABY SHOWER!


Last weekend, my sister and sister-in-law threw me the an AMAZING baby shower!  I'm still smiling thinking back to the wonderful day that was full of so much love and happiness.

My sister-in-law pulled out all the stops with her decorating skills and created a gorgeous, Pinterest-worthy, garden party motif that I could have only dreamed of.  From beautiful blooms in real pineapple vases to delicious eats and drinks, she created the most lovely shower I've ever been to.

And my sister really made the game portion of the day epic.  No overly played trying to figure out the candy bar in the diaper game here, ladies.  Instead, she came up with the most hilarious and on point game for me: "Congratulations, It's a Hipster!"  The premise was simple: pick the 5 things that I would choose to ensure my baby is an adorable hipster.  I laughed so hard when I saw this gigantic sign.  I definitely would say I fall into a wanna-be hipster category, which makes this even funnier.

I told her that she needs to sell this on Etsy, because if there's one thing that hipsters love, it's playing games about being a hipster.

The biggest takeaway from the day, though, was that I felt so loved.  It can be hard in our day to day lives to remember that people care, but this day washed a huge wave of emotion over me as I talked to family who had traveled many hours to be there and read cards from those miles away that sent the sweetest and most thoughtful presents.  I feel so lucky to have such an incredibly wonderful support system and know that this little girl will be loved so much.

Thank you to everyone who made this day one that I will cherish forever!



7 comments:

  1. Oh wow Kari, what a fantastic day, how lovely of your sister and sister-in-law to do that for you, it looks like you had the most fantastic time. You look amazing by the way, I hope you're feeling well too. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby shower looks amazing!! Your sister and SIL did a beautiful job! That poster is hilarious too and you are so gorgeous! I am so ready to see that sweet little girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the bright colors of the decor, and the "Congratulations! It's a Hipster!" game made me laugh. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Your sister in law did an amazing job! The decor is GORGEOUS!!! Awww I'm so glad you had an amazing time! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Hipster board. So darn cute! You look so lovely too!! Beautiful momma to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Now let's see that nursery ;)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!