Thursday, August 27, 2015

PEICD (PROJECTS EVEN I CAN DO): POM POM SHORTS DIY



I've seen pom pom shorts popping up all over the place recently.  They are so cute and add a fun bit of flair to any outfit.  I found a pair of elastic waistband shorts at TJ Maxx for $10 and decided to add my own pom pom trim.


Seriously, this project is so easy that it doesn't really warrant any directions except for: 1) go to the craft store and buy pom pom trim and 2) hand sew it on to your shorts.

The helpful tip I do have for the sewing part is to make small stitches on the front.  I started the stitch from the underside of the shorts, went through the front of the shorts, and then came back down very close to where I started the stitch.  This ensures that you really don't see the stitches on the front of your shorts.  I would also recommend just hand stitching the trim on instead of using a machine so that you don't see a lot of the stitch on the shorts.

Choosing a pair of shorts with pattern also helped to hide any stitches, although I'm sure that if you used the right color thread on a solid pair of shorts it would hardly be noticeable.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or send me an e-mail.



This took about an hour to do, and I love how they turned out.  I added these shorts to my list of favorite maternity wears.





Have you been making anything fun recently?  Anything easy enough that even I could do?  Leave a link in the comments, because I'd love to check it out!


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea, they look lovely. And you look amazing, I hope you are feeling well. I'm patching a hole in my bag at the moment, with little 2" hexagon patchwork. I'll let you know how it turns out! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun? Have they washed up well? I always worry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thinking about you and baby girl as we head into September!

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you make this site yourself? Please reply back as I’m looking to create my very own website and want to know where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Many thanks for visiting KBC Winner List 25 Lakh website

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!