Tuesday, May 7, 2013

GETTING LOST

There’s a huge park not far from us with a lake and lots of wooded trails to get lost in.  It’s where I went on a trail run a few weeks back in an effort to help my runner’s knee.  I had wanted to show Wade my new adventure route right away, but the weather didn’t cooperate. 
Well, last week we finally got a break in the weather, and it was a perfect 80 degrees.  We hit the trail, which was a lot of fun.  It was nice having a buddy there since it sometimes seems like the beginning of a horror movie when I go running there alone.  Nice girl out for a leisurely run, until BAM!  Zombies appear over the hill and start coming towards her.  The zombie piece didn’t actually cross my mind before Wade mentioned it.  Now it’s all I think about.  What fits in a fanny pack that can save me from a zombie apocalypse? 
After our run, we felt great.  That is until we saw the ticks climbing over Wade’s legs.  Gross!  I found one in my shoe, and the moment was ruined.  We made up for it, though, by basking in the sun by the lake for a while.  I can’t tell you how good it felt to feel the sun beating down on me as I watched the water.  It’s not the beach, but it’ll do for now. 
Besides the trail running, I really wanted to share this place with Wade because it was a huge part of my childhood/teenage years.  I worked at the little marina that rents out paddle boats and canoes for a few summers, and coached baseball at a field in the park.  Being at this place again brought back so many memories of carefree summers and seemingly endless possibilities.  I wish now that my job was still dependent on the weather.  There was no better feeling at the time when work would get rained out, and I got to go home early and take an afternoon nap. 
What about you?  What are the places that bring back memories for you?  Do you visit them often?

I almost forgot.  Since I was feeling so nostalgic, I made Wade take me to get a Slurpee afterwards.  I used to get one of these everyday after school for like 10 years.  Still hit the spot.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun little adventure! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I love these little adventures now that the weather is getting warmer. It's nice to be able to get outside again.

      Delete
  2. so glad i came across your blog! lovin it, just subbed =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. I really appreciate it:) Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  3. That place brings back a lot of memories!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!