I know these items are pretty self explanatory, but I like to add my thought process behind each gift idea so that anyone out there reading knows what's what (ahem, Wade, Mom)
1. A vintage/vintage-looking dress. Ever since I went to Chicago this summer and saw Dear Creature dresses in a store, I wanted one for my very own. Not sure if this is the perfect one or not, but maybe a trip down to Donna's Dress shop is in order.
2. Sometimes I just really love going to a store I love and finding my own treasure. In fact, one of my favorite gifts from Wade was when he took me to a giant three floor antique store and told me I could pick out anything I want (if it was around $35). It was so exciting! I'm hoping we get to go to one of the local bookstores in search of a book on my to read list.
3. I have been oohing and ahhing over these Anthropologie headbands for months now. I couldn't bring myself to spend the $32 on one, though. I did attempt to make my own, which turned out cute, but one like this sure is pretty and is way too complicated for me to tackle.
4. New records. The new Vampire Weekend and Head and the Heart albums are at the top of my list.
5. Bling bling! Nothing sharpens up a regular outfit like a little razzle dazzle. I'm hoping my mom and I find one like this on our shopping excursion this weekend.
6. These are the cutest boot cuffs I've seen! I love the stripes, and while we're at it, go ahead and throw in a pair of boots, too! I really need to learn how to knit so I can make tons of these. Or maybe my mom will whip up a few:)
7. Something that turns any drink into a slushie?! I'm sold! Cue the memories of my mom taking me to 7-11 every single day after school so I could get my slurpee fix. The ability to make my own at home with Coke Zero? Yum! (special note: I hear they're on sale at Wal-Mart:)
8. Fleece leggings. I'm sure I've mentioned my hatred for jeans before. In an effort not to have to wear jeans more than I have to, I need fleece leggings in every color.
9. I always think about asking for a stamp set for my birthday but decide against it only to want one after the festivities have passed. So now I'm going for it. This is one of the cutest stamp sets I've found. I'd choose all lowercase letters, if available. I hear Paper Source also has one.
Any other cool item that should be on my birthday wishlist? Maybe a huge parka and ski mask, considering it's going to be in the teens this weekend. I'm already dreading the cold weather.