Monday, December 9, 2013

WEEKLY WEARS: CHEAP CAN BE CHIC

Only in the last few years have I started to care more and be more adventurous in the clothing department. If I had all the money in the world, I would buy everything from Anthropologie and J. Crew.  Just walk in there and grab everything off the mannequins instead of making a bee line to the sales section.   Alas, I haven't hit pay dirt at the boats yet.  You know what, though?   I have really started enjoying mixing and matching things in my closet and adding little bits of flair to give outfits a breath of fresh air.
It all started with these leggings.  Fleece-lined leggings to be exact.  I've been looking everywhere for these puppies.  I wanted something really comfortable and really warm to wear all winter.  Pretty much I was looking for socially acceptable pajama pants.  I even tried on a $50 pair of leggings last week, thinking that the more you pay, the better the leggings will be.  Boy was I wrong.  The crotch was so baggy and came down to my knees, while my calves were being squeezed like oranges.  My mom found these at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $10!  They are the most comfortable leggings ever and are so warm.
I put on a $6 shirt I found on sale at Target over a white tunic I had in my closet, which I thought added a fun layer.  Then the necklace was found in the sale section of Charming Charlie for $6.  I don't know about you, but nothing makes me happier than putting together an outfit that makes me feel like a million bucks for way less than that.

I wasn't the only one liking their outfit that day.
We took these pictures on the Plaza, an outdoor shopping district that is a must see if you're ever in Kansas City.  I wish I would have gotten more pictures of the amazing architecture.  That's a good idea for a future post.
Have any great fashion finds recently?

16 comments:

  1. I think I'm MORE excited to wear something when I know I got a great deal on it! And I swear I've always found the best leggings for $10 or less!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I feel the same way:) Hope you're having a great day!

      Delete
  2. i get really excited when i find a good sale on something i really like :) cute top! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jillian! I hope you find something awesome on sale soon:) There's got to be some good deals out there right now!

      Delete
  3. Totally just went to order a bajillion pairs of those & they're sold out! BUT - they're in stick at my local bb&b so I am totally going there ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Go and get them while they're still at your store. Too good to pass up:)

      Delete
  4. Love the look! I just bought a pair of fleeced lined legging from Target, but I had to order them online. I would never have thought to look at BedBath! Great photos too!

    Xo Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jana! Let me know how you like the ones from Target. I would have never thought to look at BedBath, either! I guess that place really does have everything:)

      Delete
  5. Kari, you look fantastic, as always. I'm so envious of those leggings, and wishing there was a Bed Bath and Beyond around here. Such an amazing bargain, and they sound wonderful. Leggings aren't always warm enough in the winter, but those sound perfect. The phrase "socially acceptable pyjama pants" made me laugh. Oh yes, I so need some of these, I love pyjama pants. Hope you have a really good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could wear pajama pants around town! That would be the best:) It's gotten so cold here that these leggings have become my go to pant. I'm hoping things will get a little warmer soon. I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

      Delete
  6. I am so impressed you took off your coat! Brr! BUT adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We had to take these pictures quick, because it was so cold out. I quickly put on my parka about two seconds after we snapped the last shot:)

      Delete
  7. Who would have known BB&B has leggings?? I definitely need these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's the best surprise. That place really does go beyond bed and bath:)

      Delete
  8. Bed Bath and Beyond?!?!? Whaaaat? Looks like the Lawrence store has them!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!