Monday, January 28, 2013

Dinner date


This weekend we went to dinner with my awesome brother and beautiful sister-in-law.  Can't you tell we're related?  No, you say?  He's too tan and good looking?  Well, I'd have to agree.  I always tease him for secretly going to tanning booths, but he still vehemently denies it every time.  One of these days I'll catch him.  Maybe I should just let go of my angst of being the sibling with pale, see through skin.  What was I talking about again?  Oh yeah!  Dinner!  They have two adorable little ones who my parents graciously agreed to watch so we could have a fun night on the town.  We were free to go anywhere!  Sky was the limit!  So where did we end up?  Drumroll please.......Cheddar's!  For those of you not familiar with Cheddar's, it's pretty good.  It's like an Applebee's or Chili's.  We just all laughed about it, because we're all too old to care anymore about going to the new trendy restaurant.  It didn't matter where we went, though, as long as we got to hang out.  The funny part I wanted to talk about were the drinks.  You can see in the picture above that my brother got a beer....with a straw!  Hi-larious.  Then, my sil ordered a dry martini.  We should have known something was wrong when the waitress asked if she wanted it on the rocks.  It cam over ice in a short glass.  I've never seen a martini like that before, but maybe that's the cool new way to serve it.  It sure gave us all a chuckle.  It was a blast, and I can't wait until our next dinner date.  Below is what I wore.  I'm seeing a trend now with my wardrobe.

Sweater/shirt/socks: Old Navy   Jeans: Gap   Shoes: Sperry  Specs: Ray-ban  Necklace: By me!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!