Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY: Valentine's Day Wreath



Who doesn't love a seasonal wreath?  I had never made one before, but I always thought about how cute yarn covered wreaths were and such.  So as I was cleaning up this weekend, I saw a wreath mold stuck behind my desk covered in dust balls that I had bought at Target for $1 a loooong time ago and thought to myself, "Today's the day!  Today is the day I'm going to utilize that impulse buy and pretend that it was a necessary purchase all along!"  Because who doesn't sift through the dollar bin at Target and buy stuff just because it's a dollar and there is a sliver of possibility in the future that you'll use it?  I had some extra scrap paper, felt, and butcher paper that I hadn't thrown away and realized they had been saved for just such a project.  Now I could make a cute wreath and get rid of my trash in one fail swoop.  Done and done.  I wouldn't say the workmanship of this wreath is top notch, but it's kind of cute from a distance and makes me feel like I tried to decorate for the appropriate holiday.  The instructions are super easy.  Just wrap the wreath mold with whatever you have lying around, secure with hot glue, and stick something cute to the front of it.  I chose to make a fabric rosette to give it a little extra pizazz. 

I'm curious, does anyone else make impulse purchases and then find them months later collecting dust?  Do you end up using the items for projects?  Sound off in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!