Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekend part 1


My adorable little niece, Elle.

Elle with her pretty mama.

Everyone playing in the yard


My pretty sister with Elle.

My other cutie-patootie niece was busy swinging away, but I managed to snag this shot of her.

This weekend was simply the best.  My sister drove in from Chicago with her husband and daughter, and my brother and his family came in from Lawrence to celebrate Easter.  Saturday started off a little cold and rainy, but turned into a beautiful, sunny day.  It was just fun hanging out together and playing with the kids.  I wish all weekends could be this great.  It made me appreciate how awesome my family is.  I feel so fortunate to have them around and get to watch their kids play and grow.  I have a lot more pictures coming, so get ready for them!  This is just the first set.  I'd have to say, though, that the coolest thing can be seen in the pictures below. 

My brother told my nephew that they had to make sure the Easter Bunny could find him since they were going to be at my parent's house for the weekend.  Luckily my brother had the perfect "beacon" to put up in the sky to make sure the Easter Bunny (I guess he flies?) would know where my nephew was at.  What followed was the cutest thing ever.  This is one lucky kid.


 
My brother getting all the supplies ready with his helper watching intently

Getting out the helium and giant weather balloon

Pumping up the giant balloon

Ready for lift off

Here it goes

Higher and higher

So high!  My brother tied it to a tree so it wouldn't fly away.  The balloon could be seen from miles around.  We went to the grocery store and saw it blowing way above the trees.  It started out as a precious memory for my nephew, but we will all remember that red balloon from Easter 2013.  Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Awww that is so sweet. What a lucky nephew you have to have such great parents creating beautiful memories for them. I have to say this is one of the cutest things I've ever read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little bunny :) It's great to see a lovely family having fun and enjoying the time. Have a great weekend xx

    www.todaymyway.com

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!