|one two three four five six seven eight|
I don't know about you, but packing has always been tough for me. I start out with the best intentions of bringing only a small bag, but that soon turns into multiple bags of crap I won't even use. I know that I'm supposed to plan out my outfits to reduce the amount of clothes I bring. I start the process with this mentality, but once I get my outfits packed and relax to watch some TV, I get nervous and end up throwing in tons of additional tops and shorts. I mean, how do you know what you're going tot feel like wearing that day? In three minutes, all my hard work is down the drain.
This time, though, I'm going to start early instead of the night before and be really organized (I tell myself this every time). Plus, we're flying so I won't be able to bring a couple of large duffle bags and a lot of plastic bags filled with random stuff with me.
So, as I'm thinking of things, I thought it would be fun to put together a little packing list of the true necessities I'll be needing.
1. Camera bag--I'm going to need a camera bag with a cross-body strap as I walk around. I love the pictures my camera takes, but lugging that thing around is a real pain. Maybe my mom will carry it? This leather one from Etsy is really cute, but it's a bit out of my price range. I've got another idea up my sleeve, though, that involves just using a purse I have from Target and sticking in some foam to protect the camera. I know that a lot of people have made their own camera bags from regular purses, so I'll give that a go.
2. Camera Strap Cover--I think this pattern is so cute and would look way better than my plain black camera strap. I especially like how it's just a cover for my durable and reliable Canon strap so that I know my camera won't fall off of it. Plus, it would be cool to have these strap covers in multiple colors to switch around.
3. and 4. Cute Sundress--Oh, Modcloth. How do you always have the most adorable styles? It's most likely going to be hot walking around the city, and I've been trying to get away from my usual short and top combo, so I really want to find a cute sundress to walk around in. I just may have found the perfect option at TJ Maxx yesterday. After years of never finding anything there, I think I'm becoming a Maxxinista.
5. Nail Polish--I think it's fun to slather my nails with a fresh coat of paint prior to a vacation. It makes me feel fancy. I rarely get manicures, but I like trying to paint my own nails. I emphasize the trying part, because I usually get some on my skin. It's hard painting with your left hand. This nail polish color is so pretty and fresh. It reminds me of the ocean. I've been switching between yellow and peach for a while now, so I think it's time to switch it up and add a different pop of color.
6. Comfortable Shoes--A huge thing for me is to make sure I have REALLY comfortable shoes to walk around in. I wish it were cool to walk around in my big tennis shoes, because I would totally do that. Finding a shoe that is both cute and comfortable seems like trying to find the Holy Grail. I'm not sure how comfortable these shoes would be, but they sure are cute. We'll see what I come up with.
7. Sunglasses--Sunnies, shades, sun blockers. Call them what you will, but a pair of sunglasses is always a must.
8. Pretty Smelling Spray--I don't know about you, but if I'm walking around all day in the heat, I'm going to stink. Rather than putting an unsightly thing of deodorant on the list, I added a nice smelling spray. That will surely be able to mask my stench, right?
Any other suggestions that I forgot, but are a must to bring? We'll see in two weeks if I remembered everything or if I'm all packed. It will most likely be another last minute packathon. Have a great day!!