Monday, June 3, 2013

PEICD (Projects Even I Can Do): PHOTO TREE


Although we moved into our house 3 years ago, we're still in the process of decorating and adding personal touches to each room.  This wall in our living room is big, but I didn't want to hang another large picture since we already have one on the other side of the window.  I wanted something more fun and whimsical. I had all these 4x4 Hipstamatic prints that I had just gotten in the mail and had no idea what to do with.  I thought about gluing some to a large canvas and hanging that on the wall, but I wanted to be able to switch the pictures out as we took more. 

Then I remembered the branches that Wade had spray painted for a craft fair I went to, and I thought this would be a perfect way to display the pictures.  Just clip them to the branches with clothespins and you're done!  Now it's super easy to switch pictures in and out, and it also makes a great conversation piece in our living room.  I love that it fills the wall, and it's interesting to see all the different photos. 

Here are some more pictures of the tree.  Since our living room is darker, I took some of the pictures outside.

Can you see the paint swatches in the entry way?  It's been like that for a while.  Our summer goal is to get that finally painted.  What's on your to-do list?

3 comments:

  1. I love when people come up with creative ways to display memories and decorate their homes. Your living space is so cozy. I love the yellow walls, brick fireplace and pops of colors. We have a fireplace, but it doesn't work. I guess that should be on my to-do list. "We" are building a "china cabinet" (that sounds fancy and what we are building isn't..) and maybe painting the cabinets in the kitchen. I love house projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat project! I love how it fills up the corner and that the pictures are interchangeable so it's always changing. It would be great for holiday cards in December too!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!