Wednesday, October 22, 2014

AUTUMN TOP PICKS + THE BEST BLACK JEANS...EVER

Another season is upon us.  I wasn't going to put together my top picks for fall, but the smell of pumpkin everything and chilly evenings has put me in the mood to replace my summer attire for some bulkier and cozier wears.


A // B // C // D // E // F // G



Black Jeans
Actually, these black jeans are what really got me wanting to put together this list.  I guess I needed a lead off to start raving about them, because no one wants to just read a post about the best black jeans ever, right?

Well now that I've started, I might as well keep the glowing review going.  I got these lookers at Old Navy on sale for less than $20.  I've been watching the black jean trend gain momentum so figured I should see what all the fuss is about.

Now to me, trying on jeans is about as bad as going to the dentist after you ate a granola bar and trying to explain to them that your teeth aren't normally that gross and those aren't cavity pits all around your mouth but just leftover chunks of oat that have gotten lodged there (lesson learned).

I can never find a pair of jeans that fits both in my waist and thighs.  Usually I fit for my thighs and then my mom has to fix the waist.

These babies fit like a glove, though, and they hit higher than most jeans.  Finally FINALLY we seem to be steering away from all these low rise jeans.  I'm not saying I want high waisted jeans, because only a lucky few can pull off those and still look cute, but at least something that doesn't show my big 'ol bloomers every time I bend over.

So I guess what I'm saying is that you should check them out:)

Minnetonka Fringe Boots
I have my 2 year old niece to thank for this new obsession.  As I was trolling the internet, I came across these and thought about how cute they would look with my skinny jeans and leggings.  They looked so familiar, though.  Then I realized I'm taking fashion advice from a 2 year old.  When you're right, you're right, though.  So really a big thank you to my sister-in-law for dressing her child trendier than myself and showing me what's in style for the new season.

Ponchos
I am on the hunt for the perfect sweater poncho.  I saw Megan wearing this one a few days ago and put it on my list.  I love the black and white stripes, but I'm just not sure if it will be long enough.

Oxford Shirt
I have this exact shirt and have been wearing it with everything: on its own with black jeans, underneath dresses, and layered under sweaters.  It's my go to staple right now, and I like the addition a collar makes to certain outfits.  I think it would be perfect under this dress for Thanksgiving.

Scarves + Cardigans
Throwing on a mustard cardigan over just about any outfit instantly makes me feel more fall-y.  There's just something about that color that seems to be synonymous with fall.  For the chillier days, I also like adding a scarf.  My mom makes the coziest ones, but this Aztec print scarf looks fun for those days with just a little frost in the air.



What's on your autumn wish list?  Does your daughter or niece have any style advice for me?



*****************************************************************

I'm linking up with Treasure Tromp today!  Stop by and meet some new friends!

6 comments:

  1. Black jeans are my fave! Welcome to the club. Loving your autumn picks, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my black jeans! I swear I wear them more than my regular ol' denim!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the Old Navy skinnies, they're the only ones that consistently fit me and they're so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute clothes! I've been wanting black jeans too. Besides that, I really need new shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am dying over that gorgeous golden yellow cardy! And those little fringe booties are so fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!