Monday, October 20, 2014

TULIP DIY NIGHT + RECAP


Tulip, a local boutique, hosts a DIY night every month, and I was excited to teach this month's class on how to make these fun (and easy) feather necklaces. 

We had a great turnout and Robin and Jennifer from Tulip made us all feel comfortable and pampered with fall-themed goodies.  Who could turn down a pumpkin beer and delicious chocolates?


I loved seeing how everyone added their own unique spin to their necklaces.  So many beautiful color combinations! 



There's just something so inspiring about getting together with other crafty ladies to create something.  Sometimes it doesn't even matter what it is.  It's just the act of creating and taking a break from our hectic schedules to sit down and laugh a little with nice people.  I left there feeling rejuvenated and inspired.  
 
I'm loving that Tulip is making these types of nights possible for all us gals in Kansas City.  In addition to being a hip and beautiful store (also online for those of you not in KC), Tulip has become synonymous with being an avenue to meet new friends and share style advice and new ideas.  It's something that has been missing in Kansas City, so I'm so excited it's here.
 
We all know that November and December are going to be busy, so while there may be a hiatus in DIY nights for the remainder of the year, be sure to follow Tulip's Facebook page to stay up to date on cute new clothes and accessories in the store as well as their next DIY night.  Tulip is also always doing fun giveaways and Tulip Twists, so stay tuned, friends! 

11 comments:

  1. I love how those necklaces turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun event! It looks like a great time!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, it was a full house! I knew it would turn out great :)

    26 and Not Counting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea! It sounds like such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely idea :) My boyfriend's mum attends a sewing class and I was just talking to her about it this morning actually, she was showing me all the new materials she'd bought. It's such a nice time of year to get together with friends in a cosy place like what the Tulip shop sounds like too, the pumpkin beer sounds so festive!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome! I would love to take a DIY class led by you. I like looking at all the different ways people created necklaces with the same materials. I think it's great that Tulip is creating such a supportive and fun community for women in your area :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry I had to miss it! Looks like a super fun (and yummy- pumpkin beer?!) night!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like I such a great time, love how they turned out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you that you had this opportunity and a packed house! They look great girl!

    The Clean Project

    ReplyDelete
  10. How incredible! You had so many ladies there and I love the photos! Thanks for doing a recap so I could live vicariously though the post. :) GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know my comment is so belated but what a cool event! Congratulations on hosting one of these DIY nights; the necklaces look beautiful. It's cool that you are so involved in the local scene. I always enjoy seeing your photos from local blogger events!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!