Friday, October 3, 2014

SOME THINGS MAY CHANGE....BUT SOME THINGS NEVER WILL


When my sister visits, I can be sure of two things:  we will inevitably convince my mom that we'll help her clean the kitchen but then sneak off to watch TV together, and one look from her will make me laugh so hard I cry. 

With so much in flux, it's good to know that the truly important things remain the same.  Our family has gotten bigger over the years.  At first I was scared about the dynamics of our family changing, but now I realize we were just waiting for these funny little personalities to join us and make everything even more fun.




I won't lie, though.  I was giddy that my sister and I got the chance to sneak away for a bit sans kiddos to have some sister time.  We talked a lot, perused antiques, and laughed so hard that I almost spit up my sangria.  It was one of those nights I didn't want to end.




Even though the night had to come to an end, the next day we kept the party going by making flower crowns for all the little girls (and us big girls, too). There was one little camper who wasn't too thrilled about all our hard work.



She liked it more here.


Oh, to be wild and free and run without a care in the world. 

My niece saw the pristine crayons I have in a jar set high upon a shelf and asked to color.  I love how intent kids get when drawing. 


Oops.  She didn't like the hipster glasses I got for her either.  Geez.  I just can't win with her:)

My other niece is starting her own headband trend.  I'm sure the fashion world will soon start taking notice.

We told my nephew to give the baby a kiss.  He sure did plant one right on her.  That's a movie quality kiss right there.

 
Argh.  Kids move so fast, my camera phone can't keep up.


Overlooking the University of Kansas' campus.


We used to walk this same route to the park when we were kids.  I still remembered to duck as I went around the corner to miss the low hanging branch that would always hit me in the face as I rode my bike as fast as I could to keep up with my brother. 

Now we have a few more travelers (and our backs may be more sore), but we'll always keep walking this same road...together.



*********************************************************************
I'm linking up with Meg's Mingle Monday Blog Link up!


8 comments:

  1. Gotta love getting family time! We are going to visit my sister and her husband if in a few weeks and I could not be more excited!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This line almost made me cry: "...we were just waiting for these funny little personalities to join us and make everything even more fun." I love that. And this line made me laugh "That's a movie quality kiss right there." Sounds and looks like the perfect family weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Sister's and family time are the pest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos, it looks like you all had such fun together. How lovely that you have a sister and a close family, they sound delightful. I do love the big nephew kiss, how affectionate little boys are. Adorable. Wishing you and Wade a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute and fun pictures, and a great reminder that things inevitably change but the best things in life stay the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post, Kari! All of the Gustin girls are beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet post! My sister visited for one day last week and it was so nice to spend time with her! I told her she could live with me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! It looks like you guys had the BEST time! And you made flower crowns with your little cutey nieces - what fun memories!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!