Thursday, October 30, 2014

FALLING AROUND + TULIP TWIST

Sweater (old)/Oxford Shirt: Old Navy;  Skirt (old): Banana Republic;  Knee High Socks: c/o Tulip; Shoes (old): DSW (similar)
We all have those outfits in our heads that we ponder about wearing, but then lack the courage to actually put on.  This is one of those outfits for me.  But when I got an invitation from Tulip to style these adorable knee high socks, I figured it was time to play fall around with fashion and take a chance.  Besides, these socks are too fun to cover up with boots.

I love the lace detail around the top of the socks, and they're thick enough to warm my legs on even the chilliest of days.

I used to play here when I was little.  Well, actually the old wooden play set where I used to climb and get splinters has been torn down and replaced with this more child friendly plastic one.

It's still in the same spot, though, right across the street from my parent's house.  Even so, it would seem like we ran forever to be the first one to the swing.  It was close enough to home that I could see when my dad got home from work, but far enough away to give me the false sense that I was out on an adventure.

We ate picnics here and made our heads swirl as we tried to swing higher than the day before.

My mom took these pictures of me.  (She's really quite the photographer!)  It was her idea to head to the park.  I don't know why I didn't think of it.  Why do kids get to have all the fun?



I'm participating in another Tulip Twist today, so head over to Tulip's Facebook page to vote for your favorite styling of knee high socks.

6 comments:

  1. You styled them perfectly and these photos turned out so amazing. Can I hire your mom? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how fun this outfit is and the beautiful pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous are these Fall pictures?! Beautiful scenery and such a cute look!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks + oxfords combo is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos you took in the leaves!! So pretty! You styled your socks so cuteI I love the oxfords with them.

    Xo Jana

    www.janastyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those socks and love the pictures! You look so pretty amongst the fall leaves!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!