Wednesday, October 29, 2014

HALLOWEEN COUPLES COSTUME: AGATHA AND ZERO FROM THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL



Yesterday I posted how to create Agatha's look from The Grand Budapest Hotel, and today I'm back to show you how it turned out!


Wade already had the purple pants from his Joker's costume last year, so he just bought a purple dress shirt and used a lot of hot glue to make it look more like a jacket.  Then he added piping to the shirt and stripes to the pants with felt.


Some cuties crashed our picture.  Elsa and a Power Ranger are too adorable to say no to, though.


We went to a Halloween party with a couple of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and had a blast.  

And what happened with the costume contest?




We won 1st place!!!!!   

I was so elated and pumped up, mostly because it validated all the time we spent making our costumes.  Ah, who am I kidding?  I would have wanted to craft the day away with Wade even if there hadn't been a contest.  He's really the crafty one in the relationship:)


*********************************************************************

I'm linking up with Life of Meg's Mingle Monday and Treasure Tromp's Treat Yo' Self Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. I've never seen this before...shame on me. But you two are so cute it doesn't even matter. Way to go winning 1st place!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the best costume ever!!!! I love love love this! so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! These are amazing costumes! You definitely deserved 1st place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys definitely put a lot of effort in,you deserve the prize! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are seriously costume MASTERS, I love it! :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant, a very well deserved win, you always put so much effort in, and you always look fab. I'm glad you had such a good time. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look just like her! So stoked you won, but I have to say, I knew you were going to. I love how you spent time making this unique costume exactly like Agatha's from the movie. It just makes me happy to think about how you spent time on something so fun.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!