Monday, September 2, 2013

A MID (END) SUMMER'S NIGHT DREAM

Outfit Details: Top/Skirt: TJ Maxx.  Shoes: Old Navy.  Necklace/Bracelet: Charming Charlie.
Before we met a few friends for dinner the other night, we went outside to enjoy (hopefully) the last balmy 100+ degree day.  We were sweating profusely, but Wade captured the above shot with natural bokeh and such a dreamy feel.  It's now my favorite picture he's taken.  He tried to reproduce it again, but the sun had been in just the perfect spot.  That's one of the things I love about photography.  You can never really produce the exact same photo twice.  Each picture has its own specialness, especially when you shoot outside.  It's three parts talent with a shot of luck sprinkled in.
   I wore this outfit for my mom's birthday a few weeks ago, but it just seemed like the quintessential summer outfit, so I wanted to break it out one last time.  I wish we had 3 day weekends all the time.  You need that extra day to laze around and recuperate from the rest of the weekend.  This weekend was the perfect blend of relaxing and fun that we've been craving.  We watched a couple movies, played a ridiculous drinking game, and had a late night dance fest.  Then we slept in and will gorge ourselves on Mexican food tonight.  Ah, summer.  You've come and gone way too fast.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and a great Labor Day.

17 comments:

  1. The florals, the stripes -- quintessential summer outfit indeed!
    September has always felt like this strange transitional month between summer and fall. When we start saying goodbye to summer even though we're currently getting a heatwave.
    Today is a rest day away from sales for me. Each year, each Labor Day, they suck me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos. Something about your blog always lifts my spirits, thank you. It is the last day of the summer holidays today, so I am rather sad. But things will move on and I will find a way to be alright with everything. Hope you have a lovely week Kari.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the last picture is my favorite, but they are all good! Happy September which means next month I get to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last picture. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit- definitely summer-esque!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your style Kari! Your outfit is so cute. Although all your photos are pretty, I have to say i am in Love with that first one. It's gorgeous!!! Wade did an amazing job. It's simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit! & Your hair! & Your make up! Okay okay, I love everything :) You're so pretty!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love

    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up to last weeks "That's My Style" link party. I'm happy to report you'll be featured later today! :D

    Hope to see you again at this weeks party.

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Profile pic! I love the mix of patterns in your outfit(s). Also, I agree summer has come and gone way too fast. Although, on the other hand, I'm not so sure it's actually gone. It's like 85 here. At the beach, no less!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outifit, surprising what you can find in tkmaxx, love it! xxx
    http://laurecca.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look beautiful! I love your blouse :)

    http://365shades.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the mix of patterns :)

    Hunter
    www.preponabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot get over how cute this outfit is! I love the mix of patterns and your beaded necklace that pulls everything together (gotta love Charming Charlie's!). Glad you enjoyed your three day weekend a couple weeks ago. I agree: they do need to come around more often!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful photos and gorgeous outfit x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loves this look and how you styled the shirt to the skirt! Perfect summer outfit!
    xx Belinda

    www.fringe-buttercup.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really cute. I love how you layered the necklace under the collar of the top!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm still in love with that first picture Kari!! It would make a super cute button. :D Thank you so much for sharing this at my party!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!