Friday, September 20, 2013

CRAFT FAIR WEEKEND


Hello friends!  I've working feverishly the past few weeks to get ready to sell my wares at a craft show this weekend.  If you're in the area, come on by.  This will be my third year doing this particular show.  The first year was interesting.  What I remember most was my mom and I hysterically laughing as we set up my tent for no other reason than the fact I was actually doing a craft show and me paying an extra $10 to get electricity to play my record player.  You know, to set the mood.  Not sure why I thought people would be more willing to by something if they heard a cool song playing.  It was cold and rainy the whole day and was definitely a learning experience.

This year I'm just renting a table in a bigger tent to save on the entrance cost.  I hope it goes ok and people can still see my stuff.  I always get competitive like that thinking that people would be clambering to buy my wares if only they could see them.  Not really true, but gets my craft fair juices flowing.

I get so nervous before these things, which makes me wonder why I do them at all.  I just have crazy unrealistically optimistic expectations.  Oh, well.  At least my mom will be there to buy me a snow cone if it doesn't go well.

Check out another craft show I did this summer here and my thoughts on success here.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  What are you up to?

5 comments:

  1. Hope your craft fair goes well! One of these days I hope I can coordinate a trip to be your assistant at a fair. We're having birthday lunch for Ryan tomorrow with my parents and of course I have lots of miles to run (oh, and starting to pack up all our crap! ugh!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Kari! Sending good vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it all goes really well for you Kari, I know how hard you work and you deserve to have a successful day. I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your packaging :) hope it goes well Kari x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to a craft fair recap! Looks like you had good weather!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!