Monday, September 9, 2013

SPONTANEITY...AND HOW TO PLAN FOR IT

I'm a creature of habit, but sometimes it's nice to break away and do something we wouldn't normally do.  Wade and I had been talking about taking a small weekend adventure for a while now, but hadn't made any definite plans.  If you look up day trips from Kansas City, we've probably done them all.  St. Louis used to be our go to place to visit for a weekend, but we were looking for something a little closer that we hadn't been to together before.

Then I found out that Katie from Skunkboy is in a 90s cover band who was playing in Springfield, MO.  Cute place we've never been to before?  Check.  Fun band to see?  Check.  So we decided to be spontaneous.  Besides getting the date wrong and realizing the day of that the band was playing that night, things went pretty well.  It was nice to just get away for a night and explore a new place together.

It gets better, though.  The bar turned into a mecca of amazing bloggers.  I got to meet Elsie and Emma from A Beautiful Mess, which is a blog I've been following for years now.  They are just as sweet in person as they are on their blog. Then I even got to meet a few new to me bloggers who I will definitely be following now-- Katie from Katie Day, and Michelle (aka super nice girl) from The Skinny Luv.  It was a great night surrounded by really talented people.


This trip made me think about how big this whole blogging world actually is and how it can also be discouraging at times.  It's hard to put yourself out there as you're trying to carve out a piece of the world wide web for yourself.  You know what makes it all worth it, though?  The connections I've made with readers and fellow bloggers.  Whoever is reading this, you make the unknown a bit less scary, and I love connecting with you.  Thanks for reading along, and I'm happy that we "met".

7 comments:

  1. woah there I wish my weekend had been this awesome... glad to have 'met' you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! This is awesome! I am totally jealous :)

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not a new friend connection via the blog, but I love reading your blog because it makes me feel more connected to your life. And, I'm learning things about you I never knew or have manifested since I moved away. I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there. You are bold and it inspires me. I've been running with a group for the last few months and I'm having trouble making friends ... I think I have to get out of my comfort zone and start approaching people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right. Blogland is a vast place, but I have met a handful of people who make it all worthwhile. You are one of them Kari, hope you have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you met new bloggers. Bet that was nice. Overnight trips sound fun. My husband and I have been talking about it for a while. Maybe when it cools down we can finally do one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right. It's moments like that that does make the blog world seem so vast, but for all it's vastness, it's still so exciting to meet other bloggers. Like C.S. Lewis said, "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What? You too? I thought that no one but myself..."
    Glad to hear you passed an eventful and fun, long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post to introduce myself after! I'm visiting via Friends Around the World, even though I'm just across the country from you. I like your space, and am glad that this linkup has resulted in my finding it...

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!