Monday, September 30, 2013

LAST WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER

Ah, pumpkin beer.  The sure fire way to tell it's fall.  I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so this whole pumpkin spice craze is limited to candles and beer for me.  Oh, but wait.  I just found this recipe for pumpkin lasagna, so that's another item I can add to my list.

Is anyone else having a hard time believing September is over?  It feels like I was just saying that about August, and now here we are.  Better get cracking on all those fun fall things I've been wanting to do.  We have to make it to the pumpkin patch this year.  Or at least buy some gourds at the grocery store and pass them off as freshly picked from the patch.  No one will be the wiser;)

This weekend was a great way to say goodbye to September, though.  We celebrated me starting a new job with pumpkin beer on special and lasagna on special.  Seriously, nothing makes me happier than delicious food that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been if the lasagna was pumpkin flavored.


The next day we continued taking pictures at restaurants, but this time with my nephew.  Don't let the normal clothes fool you.  He really is a superhero.  He evidenced this by drinking his red creme soda from not one, but three straws, and never spilling a drop on his white sweatshirt.  I can't even do that.
  We continued eating our way through the weekend and went to the most beautiful dinner party thrown by our good friends (more pictures to come).  All the details were so lovely, the food was delicious, and the night air was perfect for sitting outside.
Then my brother and sister-in-law met us for an after party, which was awesome.  They are both so sweet and fun, and I wish they lived just around the corner so we could hang out with them bug them all the time.
The next day was spent taking it easy and doing something I had been putting off for way too long.  I finally cleaned and organized my craft room.  I wanted to work on a project, but I suddenly got so annoyed with how unkempt everything was that I went on a cleaning frenzy.  And by frenzy, I mean I leisurely put things away over several hours while I watched TV.  
Anyone else have a hard time organizing things?  For the past few months, I was just picking up and stuffing things in every nook and cranny I could find until I reached my clutter limit.  That's usually how I work.  I can put up with things not being super clean or put away, but then all of a sudden I freak out.  If anyone has a good way to store fabric, I'm all ears.  At least for now, things are somewhat put away.

I do feel better that it's cleaned up.  It makes me feel like I can finally work on a new project and even has me wanting to organize other rooms.  We'll see, though.  Baby steps.

The weekend culminated with the return of a few of my favorite shows.  Fall premiers beat out anything pumpkin in my book.

How was your weekend?  What are you looking forward to about October?
 

3 comments:

  1. PUMPKIN. LASAGNA? ... No. Way. I must try! I have never tried pumpkin beer either and I can't this fall because I am pregnant and plan on breast feeding for a year and I am one of those moms who won't drink while breast feeding lol. I find it hard to be organized lately which is so NOT me! I am usually on top of things! I just have no energy and this big belly gets in the way, haha! I have all of my sewing stuff thrown around in the living room right now and it's driving me nuts!!!

    ♥ Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely weekend. I do so love it when things are freshly organised, but I must admit I also usually wait too long to get to it. It is so satisfying when it's done though isn't it, and then I always feel energised and ready to make something. Lucky you having a craft room, I am so very envious. Congratulations on the new job Kari, I hope you enjoy it. No pumpkin beer here, but I am raising an early morning cup of redbush tea to you, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally like you when it comes to organizing/cleaning. Once I get to my breaking point, WATCH OUT!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!