Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A FRIEND AND A FIELD

This past weekend was wonderful.  My friend came to visit, and we spent our time frolicking in the countryside.  Well, not really, but kind of.  Kate and I went to college together and ever since then we've had an inseparable bond.  Even being hundreds of miles apart, every time we see each other it's like no time has passed.  I like that we can just get down to the nitty gritty about what our life has consisted of since the last time we spoke.  There's only a few people in this world who truly know you and accept you for you.  Kate is one of those special people to me.  With one look, we can tell exactly what the other person is thinking.

On the last day of her visit, we attempted to do a fun fall activity by going to a nearby cider mill.  Very fall-ish, right?  When we got there, though, we found out it was the day of the annual Ciderfest.  That meant a lot of people milling about and long lines to get cider.  I think the line would have taken an hour or more to get through, so we took some pictures amongst all the children pumpkins to prove we had done something fall-y and high tailed it out of there.
 Look how pissed that little girl looks in the picture below.  She was definitely not enjoying the fall foliage or cider.
It cost money to get into the actual pumpkin patch and corn maze, so we just decided to stare wistfully over the fence instead.

We were out in the middle of nowhere and the weather was beautiful, so we stopped in a field and took some photos of us running wild and gallivanting in the fields.  See?  We did do some frolicking.

As we were driving to this place, we talked about how nice it is there are still areas that aren't densely populated or have buildings all over the place.  Knowing how many people live in this world, I love the fact we can still find an open field to run around in and not see anyone for miles.  Sometimes you just have to be somewhere wide open and free.  
Having Kate here to laugh and take ridiculous pictures with really made me miss her presence even more.  I may have tried to sell the idea of moving here once or twice.  Who knows what the future holds, but at least we had a great time together.  

8 comments:

  1. Those clouds are incredible! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! It's so refreshing to hang out with a best friend! We were at the Ciderfest on Saturday. I am not one for crowds, so we didn't care about all of the cute poses this year since we had a newborn. I think we'll go next year on an "off" weekend. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is this the most perfect fall day or what? Put on a smile, why don't ya :) Your comment about taking a picture amongst the kids/pumpkins made me laugh. I'm so happy you had time with a good friend! It definitely looks like a weekend well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a great Fall day! And I love your pictures-- especially the frolicking ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! That so nice to have a good friend like that. I love the photos of you girls out in the field. They look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the BEST weekend! I feel so whole and happy when we are together. Looking forward to more photo shoots together soon (hopefully December!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, I want to run through a field like that! looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful post Kari. I love the pictures of you both in the fields. Everyone should do this!

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!