Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A NEW ADDITION

I got to meet my new niece this weekend.  She is just adorable.  When I wasn't cuddling her, I got to run around and play with my older niece who is two.  I love seeing the world through the eyes of a two year old. I want to live in that childlike whimsy all the time.  
We stayed in my sister and brother-in-law's new house.  It was so wonderful to see my sister so settled in her beautiful home and surrounded by her lovely family.  I don't know how she does it all, but she does, while filling their childhoods with magic and fun.  She is such an amazing mother, and I love watching her with her two girls.

I wish we lived closer together, but I guess that's what makes these trips so special.  She's not just my sister, she's also one of my dearest friends.  We can talk about anything, and she always gets my sense of humor.

Running errands with her and going on walks around her new neighborhood was the perfect way to spend the last few days.  Plus, we got a lot of candy, too, which sweetened the deal.
  
After such a great weekend, it's hard to settle back into my routine.  Being away for a few days filled me with so many ideas for this blog, though, so I hope to keep this inspiration train rolling.  Look for some site updates and new regular features coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, so glad you had such a good visit to your sister's. The photo of you and her and the baby is really beautiful. I look forward to seeing your new blog ideas. It's always good to have a break I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are beautiful. 1st one = frame worthy! !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your pictures!! That so great you and your sister get along so well. You nieces are adorable!! I love the older ones curly hair. So cute!!! You parents seem so sweet. Love that photo of them with both grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate each comment! I love hearing from you guys and treasure every one. I respond to comments via e-mail if you have yours enabled. This is going to be a great day!